My Pretties

Total Pageviews


Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Swatch & Yearn: Wet n Wild Megalast Lipsticks

Hello, my Pretties!

Today I am bringing you a mini swatch-fest!  Can you believe I have had these photos in my computer since April 22, 2013 and I am now just posting them?  Yeah, if you know me at all, you can believe it... Sigh.

I purchased these Wet n Wild Megalast Lipsticks at my local Dollar General and I believe I paid $2.00 for each one.  I am not 100% positive since I did purchase these 5 months ago but I'm like 80% sure that I paid $2.00 per lippie.


First up is 900B Pink Suga'.  Of the three Meglast Lipsticks that I purchased that day, this one is by far my least favorite.  I saw it nude in the tube and I wanted it badly.  I had been wanting to try the nude lip trend for a while so when I saw this one, I figured $2.00 was a good price to pay just in case I didn't like it.  I didn't.

It is way too light for my skin tone.  It looks grossly pale on my lips.  No thank you.  I have used Pink Suga' since but I use it as a topper to go over a too dark lipstick to mute it.  It works well for me in that sense.


Next in line is 904B Rose-bud.  Now this is a color that I can, and have gotten, a lot of use out of.  It's a richly pigmented pink.  This one can appear a bit bright on me at times but it's a very wearable shade that I enjoy using a lot.  Winner!


And lastly I have 915B Spiked with Rum.  I love this color!  I am not sure why it photographed so lightly in the tube but the swatch on my lips and inner wrist is true to color.  Even though I bought this back in April, I can see myself using this a lot this fall.  It is a rich wine color.  Again, another winner!


Over all thoughts:

I have been a huge fan of Wet n Wild for years and it is difficult for them to disappoint me.  These lipsticks were no disappointments!

Granted, I wasn't crazy about Pink Suga' but that's just because the color was all wrong for me, in my opinion.

The formula is really good.  It's opaque, it's long lasting.  I thought the lipsticks weren't as creamy as others but they held on to the lips beautifully.  Once applied, the color didn't budge.  Because they are "megalast"ing, I felt them a bit dry on the lips but a swipe of lip balm on top fixes that issue.

And of course, you can't beat the price!  Even though I'm not 100% of the price, I'm pretty sure that I only paid $2.00 for them.  I more than sure now.  Yup.  $2.00!  They are a steal at two bucks!  I need more and that's for sure.

So, what colors do you have?


♥♥ All products mentioned in this blog post were purchased by me with my own money.  All thoughts and opinions expressed in this blog post are honest and my own. ♥♥

2 comments:

  1. I think I may also have tried Pink Suga and didn't like it, but I'm not certain...some of those nude shades just look really strange against my skin, as I have some yellow undertones in there!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean! I have yellow undertones as well. I still want a nude lipstick but I have such a hard time finding the right one. Actually, I haven't found the right one. Bummer. Haha.

      Delete

♥♥Thank you so much for taking the time to view and comment on my blog. I love to read your comments and I promise to respond to all comments. Have a Prettyful day!♥♥