My Pretties

Total Pageviews


Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Collection: E.L.F. Duo Eyeshadow Cream


Yay! Here I am bring you another small collection that is part of my complete makeup collection. Today I have for you the E.L.F. Duo Eyeshadow Creams. I have 8 out of 9 colors they offer. I know the pictures and swatches show 9 but that's because I have a Mocha Swirl and a Mocha Ice. I believe they are the same duo. The one that I am missing according to the website is Berry Mix. Mocha Ice is no longer available. Mocha Swirl is.

These cream eyeshadows sell for $1.00 and you can check them out on the E.L.F. website HERE.

My full collection of E.L.F. Duo Shadow Creams

Top 2: Olive and Mocha Ice
Middle 3: Butter Pecan, Blueberry, and Sugar Cookie
Bottom 4: Coffee & Cream, Eggplant, Mocha Swirl, and Black Licorice

Swatches with flash.
Top: Olive and Mocha Ice
Bottom: Butter Pecan and Blueberry

Swatches without flash.
Top: Olive and Mocha Ice
Bottom: Butter Pecan and Blueberry



Swatches with flash.
Top: Sugar Cookie and Coffee & Cream
Middle: Eggplant and Mocha Swirl
Bottom: Black Licorice

Swatches without flash.
Top: Sugar Cookie and Coffee & Cream
Middle: Eggplant and Mocha Swirl
Bottom: Black Licorice

I used these 3 duos to create my look.
Black Licorice, Sugar Cookie, and Eggplant.
Eggplant on lid (purple) and on lower lash line (green).
Sugar Cookie as my brow high light (gold).
The over all look is very subdued.
Not very bold or eye catching at all on their own.
Black Licorice on my crease (silver) and as my
eyeliner (black).
In the time it took me to finish applying the cream shadows
and go get my camera, I already started to crease.



Cargo Red Lips Green Conscience
Palette
Inside Cargo palette.


Heron applied over Black Licorice silver in crease.

Ivy applied over Eggplant green on lower lash line.
Lily applied over Sugar Cookie gold on brow bone.
Iris applied over Eggplant purple on lid.

Cargo shadows appear more bold with
E.L.F. cream shadows underneath.

Eyeshadow seems to stick on the eye more with
the E.L.F. cream shadows as a base.
I love the feel to these E.L.F. Duo Eyeshadow Creams. They are very creamy, for lack of a better word. They feel like butter. They melt like butter too. In the house we are living in right now, the temperature inside is usually very warm considering the outside temps are around 106 degrees. Today when I took these out to show them to you, I saw that some of them were sweating. A couple of them were too soft and had the consistency of melted chocolate! Crazy, I know.

They apply very easily. Blend in super nicely. If they didn't crease when you wear them alone, I would like to wear them without any shadows on top. Alone, these cream shadows give you a nice wash of sheer color. Some of them, anyway. The dark blue in Blueberry and the black in Black Licorice are super pigmented.

When swatched, all cream shadows appear very pigmented but when you blend them in, they do sheer out drastically. That is what makes them good eyeshadow bases. The little color they leave behind on your skin help the eyeshadow colors to really standout!

For only $1.00, these are good. I do not recommend wearing them alone at all but as a base, these do work. On a side note, all of these cream shadows are shimmery. Some more than others. Some look almost dead on creamy until you see a slight sheen to them. Others have more than shimmer, it's verging on glitter.

Now I really want Berry Mix just because it's the only one I need to complete this collection!

Hope you all enjoyed. Take care, my Pretties!

Luv & Luk,
--L.

5 comments:

  1. Wow what a great price! I love cream shadows for bases, as they really make your eyeshadow pop. The look you created is really pretty. I think the purple/green duo is my favorite of all of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Amber, you know, I never really used these like ever! You can tell. Most of them were untouched until I swatched them. But I admit that I'm thinking about using these as bases more often. I mean, they got the job done right as a base. I love the colors in these duos, too bad they can't stand alone. I agree with you, I think Eggplant is sooo pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG I have never tried Cargo Products that Palette looks gorgeous. I loove ELF Cram shadows as bases too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Cathy, this is the only Cargo product I have. I didn't buy this one, a friend gave it to me. The colors are really very pretty. These worked so well as bases. Sad that I forgot I had them. LOL. I'll have to start using them more often now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi :) Even though this was a long time ago, I thought It would not hurt to ask for some advice :) Uhm I was wondering, for a girl that is just starting makeup and is aged 12, what colour of these do you think is best? Thank

    ReplyDelete

♥♥Thank you so much for taking the time to view and comment on my blog. I love to read your comments and I promise to respond to all comments. Have a Prettyful day!♥♥