My Pretties

Total Pageviews


Friday, June 24, 2011

Clutter Control: 6/24/11

I decided to try something a little different today.

It's still makeup related...I guess.

I am not creative at all when it comes to finding ways to store or organize my makeup area. So, please don't expect too much from me in this post!

I was just tired of having to go through my drawers to get my makeup brushes out on a daily basis so I figured it was time to do something about it. Instead of keeping my brushes in a drawer, I thought I'd just put it on my makeup table instead. But it had to look semi cute.

And here is what I came up with.

Where I currently store my brushes in a drawer.
A brush roll and a cheap baby wipes case.

These are my good brushes.
Borghese brushes, a gift from my sister.

My other random brushes.
Mostly mark., Avon, and E.L.F.

Small rocks.
These were left over from our fish aquarium.

Second ingredient.
A pretty flower pot.
My mom gave this to me.
She got it on clearance at Michael's.

Put the rocks inside the pot.

And here you are.

Start adding your brushes.
I put the big ones to the back.

Here is the finished project.
I have my NYX JEP in there too because it's a daily too.
One brush is horizontal because it's a dual ended brush.

She also gave me this pot.
This one I'm using to grow an actual plant.
So, like I said, nothing fancy. Just a simple little project that took me about 5 minutes to do. Best thing, I didn't have to spend money!

Until next time, my Pretties!

Luv & Luk,
--L.

13 comments:

  1. I've seen people do this before, but I like how you just used stuff you had around the house instead of going out and buying those fancy rocks and another container. Very nice. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. very smart~~~i luv the way you organize~~~


    jessy

    ReplyDelete
  3. @frugalspender19, thank you. Of course I got this idea from copying everyone else! LOL. But I haven't seen anyone use boring little rocks before. LOL. I've been into flowers a lot lately, I guess it's from trying to start a garden with my daughters, so this was very fitting for me.

    @Jessy, thanks. I guess it was smart since I didn't have to spend money, LOL, and I got to use stuff that was just laying around my home. So I put it to work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Girl, I am not that creative when it comes to organizing ANYTHING! lol So you're not alone :) Actually, I love what you did here! A lot more creative than what I would have thought of myself, that's for sure! Great job. It looks really cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Priscilla, yeah do it and do a post on it. I'd love to see it. I am going to attempt to do some more creative things like this. I'm gonna TRY! LOL.

    @Huda Kaake, thank you :)My sister is the creative one. She can sew and make curtains or flower arrangements. I'd rather buy LOL. I'm seriously going to use the creative side of my brain a little more from now on. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great methods for storage! :) The baby wipe case is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Vintage Makeup, LOL, that baby wipe case was my babies. I think it's from the dollar store. Well, it served a purpose for me!

    ReplyDelete
  8. good idea, look nice and pretty like Ms. Prettyful girl.

    ReplyDelete
  9. @pleasure amazing place, aww thank you, that is so sweet of you to say :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haha creative brush holder! I found your blog on beautylish. Now following. I just became your 100th follower. =) Hope you follow back.

    www.dgsbeauty.com

    *Check out my giveaway:
    http://www.dgsbeauty.com/2011/06/dgsbeautys-100-followers-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. @D.Sadie, aww, thanks. I'm glad you found me on Beautylish and thanks for the follow. I'm heading to your blog right now :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG I love the baby Wipe Case thing it is so versatile and u can use it for soo many things. I love that you add your personal style to it super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  13. @Cathy, thanks, amiga. Coming from you that means a lot. You are so freakin crafty and creative! I'm definitely going to steal some of your ideas when I get my "real" makeup set up started :) I was going to toss that wipe case but I think I might keep it because it is very versatile and still usable. :)

    ReplyDelete

♥♥Thank you so much for taking the time to view and comment on my blog. I love to read your comments and I promise to respond to all comments. Have a Prettyful day!♥♥