My Pretties

Total Pageviews


Tuesday, January 4, 2011

AVON NAILWEAR PRO NAIL ENAMEL: SPLENDID BLUE

So, I was being lazy today and didn't wear any makeup so that's why, no FOTD today. It's a good idea to let your skin breathe!

But I did decide to polish my nails. It's been a while since the last time I did. I think it was for Thanksgiving... Anyway, I bought this nail polish from Avon back in the beginning of December and I hadn't even swatched it. I believe I got this particular polish on sale for  $3.99. Good deal. Great nail polish!

I guess this is like a review, at a glance. I'll be back in 10 days to see how well the nail polish wore. The claim on the back of the box (the nail polish comes in a little box) says it will last 10 days with normal touch ups. It is recommended that you apply 2-3 coats.

Okay, so let's meet this beautiful color. This shade is called Blue Splendor. It is a dark navy blue with sparkles! This was part of their holiday collection, I think, so hence the sparkles. (I don't believe it's a permanent shade either.) The glitter, flecks of purple and different shades of blue, is so fine you can't feel it when it dries on your nails. It is a smooth finish. It is glossy but not as glossy as I would have liked. But that might be because of the sparkles.

Alright, lets see some pics.


Back of the bottle so you can see the sparkles.


Avon Nailwear Pro Nail Enamel
Splendid Blue


With flash. ONE COAT!


With flash. ONE COAT!


Without flash. Two coats.


Without flash. Two coats.
So, what do you think? Hot or Not? I think Hot. I like it.

My first impressions of this nail polish is...I'm impressed. I didn't even see a difference between ONE or TWO coats! One coat seemed like it would have been enough. The coverage was amazing. But, out of habit, I did two coats thinking it will make the polish last longer. Longer lasting nail polish is what I need. I'm always washing dishes, changing diapers therefore--I wash my hands a lot, cleaning house all day. My nail polish always chips so fast. That's why I don't bother polishing my nails on a regular basis. I HATE the look of chipped nail polish! So, like I said, this claims to last 10 days with regular touch ups. We'll see.

**SIDE NOTE**
I didn't apply a base coat or a top coat. I only applied two coats of this nail polish.

Okay, so I'll be back on January 14th to see how this all worked out for me.

Join me then, alright!

Luv & Luk,
--L.

2 comments:

  1. I'm gonna have to say this color is hot! Gorgeous shade, even with out a top coat. Loving the blog too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Joann! I really like this color too. I'm just upset that I had it for almost a month and hadn't even tried it out!

    ReplyDelete

♥♥Thank you so much for taking the time to view and comment on my blog. I love to read your comments and I promise to respond to all comments. Have a Prettyful day!♥♥