My Pretties

Total Pageviews


Thursday, January 6, 2011

1/6/11 L'OREAL HIP DUO SERIES: DUO #2 CHARISMA

The second L'Oreal HIP Concentrated Shadow Duo, from my CVS haul, I decided to try out was 518 Charisma. I have to admit I was partial to this duo because it was in the purple family. I can wear neutrals very well, naturally. I am nervous around blues and greens. Now purples, that's a hue I think I can rock!

Charisma is a pale plummy purple shade side by side a deep grape shade. The pale purple has a very slight shimmer to it while the deep shade is matte. I did have a hard time getting the pale shade to show up on my darker skin tone. I did have to build it up with a few layers. But I did not use a base or a primer. That might have solved the issue. In contrast, the deep grape was bold. Since it is a matte shade, it was a bit harder to blend out but nothing major or off putting. I did apply these eye shadows with the sponge tip applicator provided. That might also be the reason behind the difficult blending. A brush would have been a lot easier. I really just wanted to apply the shadows as is--with the applicator provided, no base, the light shade on the lid, the dark shade in the crease. With the last duo, I didn't use a highlight. With this one I did. Just a golden extra shimmery shade from Sephora.

All in all, I am satisfied with this duo as well. While the real only con I have about this is that the pale shade was too light, I liked the final look. I think the shades compliment each other very well. Great choices for a duo!

Do you want to see some pics?


Today's face ingredients.
 FACE:
  • Avon Healthy Makeup Mousse Foundation (Medium Beige)
  • Avon Anew Age Transforming Pressed Powder (Tan Beige)
  • Lorac Blush (Soul)
EYES:
  • L'Oreal HIP Concentrated Shadow Duo (518 Charisma)
  • Sephora Eyeshadow (Glittering Sand)
  • Mark No Where to Run Eyeliner (Jet Set)
  • Dior Diorshow Mascara (Black)
LIPS:
  • Benefit Lipstick (Lady's Choice Lana)






Benefit Lipstick Lady's Choice Lana

Sephora Glittering Sand


THE VERDICT: ♥♥♥

I'm so glad I was able to add this to my collection. I am so pleased with this duo. Very wearable. No fall out. Smooth texture. Great lasting power. Even without primer, the colors stayed true and fresh looking, no creasing at all.

♥ Eh, it's ok.
♥♥ I like it, it's a good product.
♥♥♥ I like it a lot, definitely buy more.
(No ♥s means NO THANK YOU.)

So is this a duo you want to own?

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Luv & Luk,
--L.

2 comments:

  1. Love the look. This is the last one I need to review. I agree that lighter color is really pale, i'll have to be creative with it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Kristen. It is pale, right? Oh well. Still pretty. And yes, be creative with it! Can't wait to see what you can do :)

    ReplyDelete

♥♥Thank you so much for taking the time to view and comment on my blog. I love to read your comments and I promise to respond to all comments. Have a Prettyful day!♥♥