My Pretties

Total Pageviews


Monday, January 3, 2011

1/3/11 L'OREAL HIP DUO SERIES: DUO #1 MISCHIEF

So, yesterday I hit up CVS for the 75% off L'Oreal HIP Concentrated Shadow Duos. I got 7 of them in total. One of the chosen ones was this one called Mischief.

908 Mischief

I really liked this duo at first sight. I thought the golden color was so pretty. The darker shade was intriguing. This one had to be the first duo to be tried out. I guess in a way, this blog post is like a FACE OF THE DAY and REVIEW in one. I plan to do a FOTD/REVIEW for all 7 duos I purchased so I guess you can say this is POST #1 in my L'OREAL HIP DUO SERIES.


Bold duo, very understated look.


Blend, blend, blend it out.




Today's face ingredients.

  • Wet n Wild Natural Wear Mineral Foundation (747 Medium)
  • Avon True Color Blush (Classic Aura)
  • E.L.F. Eyelid Primer (Sheer)
  • L'Oreal HIP Concentrated Shadow Duo (908 Mischief)
  • Avon Satin Gel Eyeliner (Black Pearl)
  • VS Beauty Rush Mascara (Ja-Va-Voom!)
  • Sally Hansen Comfort Shine Lip Glaze (Sugar Cookie)


REVIEW:
I loved the shimmery gold color a lot. It looked so nice on my lids. The shade even looked nice standing alone for a simple, yet pretty look. On the other hand, the dark shade--blackish greenish, but black more than anything--was so super pigmented. I used the sponge tip applicator that came with the duo and I just barely swiped it over the dark shade and when I applied it to my crease, it was like WOAH! I needed to blend, blend, blend it out. Just a tad bit went a very long way. I have a feeling this duo will last me a good while. I wanted to use this duo as is so I didn't use a highlight. The final eye look worked well without it. But in my opinion, the light golden shade could also be used as a highlighter.

All in all, I am pleased with this eyeshadow duo. The colors were pretty. The texture was soft, easy to apply and blend. No fall out. Lasting power was great. Pigmentation was superb.

I am also happy to know that if I wanted to, just a touch more of the darker shade added to my crease would totally amp up this look and add more OOMPH to it.

VERDICT:  ♥♥♥
♥ Eh, it's ok.
♥♥ I like it, it's a good product.
♥♥♥ I like it a lot, definitely buy more.
(No ♥s means NO THANK YOU.)

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Luv & Luk,
--L.




3 comments:

  1. Awesome Pics I anted to take advantage of that sale to but man I have too many eyeshadows already but You make me want to buy more ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Cathy! I totally understand. I'm an eyeshadow girl. I don't ever buy lipsticks or blushes, just eyeshadows! I have tons and I love 'em all! I just got my Urban Decay pigments in so I'm hoping to do a post on those soon. Stay tuned!!

    ReplyDelete

♥♥Thank you so much for taking the time to view and comment on my blog. I love to read your comments and I promise to respond to all comments. Have a Prettyful day!♥♥